Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy (Belated) New Year and WTF Have I Been Doing?

So it's 2012 and I haven't made a blog post since September. I could argue that I was busy stockpiling canned goods, bottled water, propane, and explosives in anticipation of the inevitable Armageddon that is supposed to come sometime this year, but that would be a lie.

I could also blame my lack of blog presence on the adoption of a new puppy in October, an event for which I was woefully unprepared. In particular, I could regale you with the disgusting, harrowing tales of her rotten bowels and how they nearly destroyed both mine and Justen's sanity and did indeed destroy the majority of our carpeting and bedsheets, but that might lead to a spontaneous, international heavy metal vomit party, which might be awesome in another context, but not so much for a fashion blog.


Please don't hate me for pooping in your bed


Or I could just tell you the truth. I am now an international super model. 

PSYCH! You guys all know I am curvy and pocket-sized. So I could never be a super model, but I was in a runway show:


That's right. Eat your heart out, Tyra Banks. In October, I proved that even vertically-challenged, bootylicious, 27-year-olds can rock the runway.

It all started when I was trolling Craigslist for free shit and ways to make extra money as I do at least every other day, and I came across an add for runway models that did not have to be tall and skinny. Not tall? CHECK! Not skinny? CHECK CHECK!!

Anyway, unlike most Craigslist modeling posts, it turned out to be totally legit and awesome. I met with the designer, Ledah Hakim a few times before the show, and it turns out that she and I share very similar philosophies on what's wrong with the fashion industry. Ledah is all about making beautiful, fun, and AFFORDABLE clothes for ladies (and gents) of all ages, shapes, and sizes. You can check out some more of her steeze here.

Needless to say, it was an amazing experience and I am looking forward to doing it again sometime soon. But enough words, here are some pics from the show:








The amazing designer, Ledah Hakim
 



 My always-supportive and ever-handsome man :)





So that was my first adventure in modeling. I am looking forward to doing it again sometime. And no, it's not a good excuse for taking 4 months off from blogging, but I'm here now, right? And I missed you so. 

Thanks for reading!
<3-hallee

P.S. All the lovely photos above were taken by the very talented local photographer Eric Davis

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! You're back! <3 it. Give that beautiful pup kisses!

    ReplyDelete