Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Black and Blues

After a much needed backpacking trip in Northern Minnesota, I have finally begun to make my peace with autumn. Yes, it is officially here as of September 21st.


I really do enjoy dressing for fall weather. After all, Summer weather is great for sun bathing, beach time, and generally enjoying the outdoors, but it's also sweaty and gross, and as an especially sweaty girl, my summer style generally consists of being as close to naked as possible while still looking somewhat presentable.


But fall is all about the layers, and being from the Bay where it's 45 degrees when you wake up, 75 by mid-afternoon, and back down to 50 by the end of happy hour, I know how to do layers. (Winter layers are an entirely different story, but there will be plenty of time to discuss that in the coming months...)


This Saturday, after an especially nasty spill on my bike (think: GIANT BRUISES and ripped jeans), and a futile attempt to find a new pair of jeans at my favorite local clothing exchanges (Everyday People and Buffalo), I was feeling pretty down. Luckily, Justen and I were treated to a night of blues, pizza, and beer by Justen's awesome mom whose husband was playing sax for the band (Detroit Don King).


In honor of the music genre and my bruises, I decided to dress for the occasion by layering blacks, blues, and a little purple, along with my go-to fall boots:




100_2347





100_2342


100_2332


100_2344
Outfit deets: Gap cardigan (swapped), H&M tank top and mini skirt, black sweater tights from Target, clutch thrifted from Goodwill Outlet, belt thrifted from The Lost and Found, boots from some store in the mall two years ago.

Clearly, I am of the opinion that it is ok to mix black and dark blue, as long as you do it purposefully and tastefully, by using either blue as the accent to a black outfit (or vice versa) for example.

Anyway, I hope you're embracing the season change in your own way.

Thanks for reading! <3- hallee

No comments:

Post a Comment