Friday, July 29, 2011

Shades of Sherbert


Summer is at it's glorious peak here in Minneapolis, and I am trying to enjoy every second of sunlight and warmth that I can eke out before Old Man Winter rears his ugly head again, which, judging by last year, will be sometime in September. 

In the meantime, I have been wearing colors to match my sunny mood: mixing bright reds, oranges, corals, and pinks with neutral accessories. Observe:



California 073

I have discovered how short girls can wear the midi skirt trend: nude heels or platforms! They make your legs look miles longer. Almost like someone of average height! Almost...

California 075


California 074

This necklace was an amazing gift: handmade by my lovely friend Bekah.
Outfit deets: American Apparel Shirt (Buffalo Exchange), Thrifted Vintage Skirt, Thrifted Platforms and Belt. 

100_2177

I just love this belt, as you can see. I think it is a great way to create a bit of a waist and add a neutral accent to all the bright colored craziness. 

100_2178

Got these earrings from Sway on my vacation home. BTW, Sway is one of my favorite stores of all time, and now you can shop them online here. 

100_2164

100_2174

100_2185

I love this skirt. It is so comfy and lovely. Also, I got glasses. Whaddya think?
Outfit deets: Shirt from a hipster garage sale for $2, Skirt (Swapped), Same thrifted belt as above, and earrings from Sway. 

I hope you're all having a lovely summer and getting in some quality outdoor time! I have been very busy procrastinating on grad school applications with Important Fashion Experiments, and hope to share the results with you next week.

Thanks so much for reading!

<3- hallee

No comments:

Post a Comment